Senior Project Manager
Company: Veolia North America
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Company DescriptionAbout VeoliaVeolia group aims to be the
benchmark company for ecological transformation. In 2022, with
nearly 220,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides
game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for
water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary
business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources,
preserve available resources, and replenish them. In 2021, the
Veolia group supplied 79 million people with drinking water and 61
million people with wastewater service, produced nearly 48 million
megawatt hours of energy and treated 48 million metric tons of
waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) generated
consolidated revenue of ---28.508 billion in 2021. Job
DescriptionThe primary purpose of this role is the overall contract
performance of assigned customer(s) as it relates to Total Waste
Management (TWM). This includes financial, contractual, safety,
environmental, quality, and compliance aspects. The Senior Project
Manager will manage Project Managers assigned to their
contractPRIMARY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:This position is flexible
in location- preferred areas: Westland, MI; Boston, MA;
Chattanooga, TN; Swiftwater, PA
- Direct and manage TWM projects from beginning to end.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the
execution of TWM projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that contract requirements are
consistently being met. In the event there is a change to a
contract, the Senior Project Manager will make certain that a
change order is created, approved by appropriate Veolia Management,
signed by the customer, filed in the Veolia project files, and
communicated to the Accounting Department.
- Ensure that all assigned TWM projects are delivered on time,
within the scope, and within budget.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve
project goals; Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Assist with developing and reviewing Continual Improvement
Plans (CIPs) and cost savings plans and focus on increased
sustainability/recycling/diversion/waste elimination. Work with
each Site Manager (SM) in developing and maintaining new goals and
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to
involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop and execute a communication plan.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members
and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews of his/her assigned
Sites/programs. The Senior Project Manager will review with each
responsible Site Manager to discuss program budgets monthly. The
Senior Project Manager along with the Site Manager (SM) will
outline any known budget variances and issues. The Senior Project
Manager will construct a report detailing budget variances and
issues, along with an improvement plan, and report to the
Accounting Manager and other Managers during the weekly meetings.
This will be needed to discuss with the customer if the budget is
- Communicate any new known customer requirements and/or
directives. The Senior Project Manager is responsible to evaluate
changes, determining how they affect our current contracts, and
making required changes accordingly.
- Implement common templates to report on any new requirements as
they are developed and ensure each SM understands and is prepared
to meet the new requirements. The Senior Project Manager will
follow up on changes as necessary.
- Ensure that quotes for Out-of-Scope work and Episodic/Projects
are provided in a timely manner and are consistent with Veolia
accounting goals and directives.
- Ensure that monthly and out-of-Scope work is billed in a timely
- Coordinate and properly communicate Quarterly Meeting
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and
project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths;
track project milestones and deliverables.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the requester and all
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and
contractors, and influence them to take positive action and
accountability for their assigned work.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation, and presentations.
- Report and escalate to management, as needed.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer
- Ability to provide leadership and coaching to less experienced
- Leads internal teams/task forces
- QualificationsEducation / Experience / Background
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4 years of project management experience
- Proven working experience in project management including all
aspects of process development and execution, preferably in the
information technology sector.Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- Experience in working both independently and in a
team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Works well as a team member and as a positive influence on
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and
contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources,
including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Effective meeting facilitation
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations
- Ability to learn quickly including tools and concepts
- Strong customer service orientation.Required Certification /
Licenses / Training Additional InformationVNA is committed to the
principles of equal employment opportunity. VNA's practices and
employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment,
hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training,
discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person's sex,
race, color, religion, ancestry, or national origin, age,
disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran
status, citizenship status or another protected group status as
defined by applicable law. VNA gives fair consideration to all
qualified individuals and affords all employees and applicants
opportunities for advancement according to their individual
abilities without regard to membership in any applicable protected
category. No opportunity for hiring, advancement, or any other
condition of employment will be diminished through unlawful
discriminatory practices. As an inclusive company, Veolia is
committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all
applications, without discrimination. We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. Veolia's comprehensive benefits package
includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental, and
vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to
participate in an employer-sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for
retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union
are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement. As an
inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.As an
inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal
consideration to all applications, without discrimination.We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia North America, Westland , Senior Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!