State & Local Government - Financial Consultant
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Family:Management ConsultingTravel Required:Up to
50%Clearance Required:NoneWhat You Will Do:
- Supporting delivery teams on high-impact State & Local
Government client engagements.
- Candidate will focus primarily on providing exceptional
consulting professional services delivery but is also expected to
assist in various business development activities to grow the
- Financial Analysis and Models
- Management consulting
- Communication and presentation of recommendations and
findingWhat You Will Need:
- Consultant 2-3 years financial consulting or equivalent
- Must have 1 year public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or similar
- Interest and passion for the role of government and
responsibilities of the public sector.
- Ability to travel, at times outside the home state.
- Ability to define, execute, and manage multiple tasks within a
workstream, primarily focused on finance/accounting, as part of
- Proficiency in core management consulting and financial
- Baseline assessments and secondary research.
- Stakeholder interviews.
- Business modelling and analysis.
- Hypothesizing solutions frameworks.
- Synthesizing multiple inputs into coherent insights.
- Financial analysis and use of large data sets.
- Competency of accounting procedures and general ledger
- Competencies include:
- Critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Solid verbal communication and narrative development skills,
with the ability to summarize and convey key insights from analyses
to senior audiences.
- High degree of comfort working in unstructured situations and
ability to maintain poise, maturity and work well under
- Ability to be self-directed and responsive.
- Collegial team player who can work within a small, motivated
team of diverse consulting professionals.
- Understanding of financial analysis applications such as Excel,
SAS, or other tools.What Would Be Nice To Have:
- CPA, MBA or master's degree in finance or accounting
- Strong numerical reasoning and quantitative skills,
particularly building complex Excel models.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of
success with key facets of state and local government, including
economic development, education, sustainability, transportation,
- Previous Big 4 Public Accounting/Consulting experience
preferredWhat We Offer:Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total
rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a
flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating
a diverse and supportive workplace.Benefits include:
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility StipendAbout GuidehouseGuidehouse is an Equal
Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed,
physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression,
age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law,
ordinance, or regulation.Guidehouse will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the
Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.If you have
visited our website for information about employment opportunities,
or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation,
please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All
information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used
only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable
accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes
through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited
resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and
Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Westland , State & Local Government - Financial Consultant, Accounting, Auditing , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!