General Labor - Billboard Installation Technician
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action packed, and we
all training and equipment to start your full time career. Our
Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Westland,
Michigan, is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us
bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Detroit,
MI and the surrounding areas.
Have you ever wondered how billboards are installed? Check out this
video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn5TH5n3guM) !
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising
companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of
advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national
brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule,
and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our
business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our
customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have
been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our
mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has
its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
* About Us
* Giving Back Program (https://youtu.be/rXOE4vfn3Jk)
We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits
package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings
include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options,
dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan,
and incentivized wellness programs.
The hourly rate for this position is $19 - $23 / hour , dependent
on relevant experience and qualifications. We provide
performance-based wage increases.
The purpose of this entry level, full time position is to install
and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements,
maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard
cosmetics. This entry level, full time position most often works as
part of an installation crew.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Installing and maintaining all Billboards
* Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copy on Tri-Visions
* Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not
limited to: tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing
trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and structure,
change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures
and faces when required.
* Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting
brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical
repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
* Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety
* Attend installer and construction safety meetings as
* Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment and machinery.
* Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of performance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
* Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English
* Must be willing to work and get along well with others
* Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft
Word & Excel.
* Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing
* Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
* Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
* Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
* Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
* General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
* Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the
construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
* Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
* Ability to document installations, through photographs and
* Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks.
* Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative
importance of job responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required
* Preferred certifications, depending on location need: CDL,
* Previous experience working at heights up to 120 ft. above ground
* Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus, but
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
* The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 120 ft.
* The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (up
to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with
a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception,
and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time,
standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
* Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
* On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar,
you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAKsPd_lIw8) for clarification on
why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the
ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may
include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Westland , General Labor - Billboard Installation Technician, Engineering , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!