Billboard Installation Technician
Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action-packed, and we provide
all the training and equipment to start your full-time career. Our
Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Westland,
Michigan is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help us
bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Westland,
MI and the surrounding areas.
The purpose of the Installation Crew Member position is to install
and maintain billboards, including the installation of
advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the construction
upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This entry-level, full-time position
most often works as part of an installation crew.
Have you ever wondered how billboards are installed? !
Who we are:
Founded in 1902, Lamar Advertising Company is one of the largest
outdoor advertising companies in the world. With over 351,000
displays across the United States and Canada Lamar is dedicated to
helping both local businesses and national brands reach broad
audiences every day.
We provide ad space through:
Transportation and airports
The largest network of digital billboards in the United States
We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and
integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our
employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the
communities in which we serve. While Lamar is a large company, each
office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees
feel connected both locally and nationally.
We are committed to sustainable and environmentally friendly
business practices and use a number of innovative strategies to
reduce our environmental impact. We are actively working to reduce
our annual greenhouse gas emissions and are projecting a 70%
decrease by 2026 as a result of our efforts.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
What you can expect from us:
- A comprehensive 6+ week training/safety program -
- An hourly rate of $19 - $23 / hour -dependent on relevant
experience and qualifications
- A Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm schedule -
- Performance and certification-based pay increases
- Career advancement, license attainment, and certification
- Multiple medical plan options
- Dental and vision insurance
- 120 hours of paid time off (PTO) that increases with
- 401K plan with company contributions for participation
- Incentivized wellness program -
A Day in the Life: -
As an Installation Crew Member, you can expect to work alongside
the Operations team to install and maintain billboards while
prioritizing the safety of yourself and others. Installation most
often includes handling a large advertisement printed on vinyl and
ensuring it is properly assembled to the billboard structure. The
tallest billboard structure in the company is around 200 feet, so
comfort with heights is a must. -
Maintenance of our billboards includes construction work such as
tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and
various parts of a billboard sign face and structure, changing
light bulbs, and more. As for power/manual tools: you bring the
experience, we bring the equipment! -
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not
limited to: - tightening bolts, painting steel structures,
repairing trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and
structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble
structures and faces when required. -
- Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting
brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical
repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
- Use power/manual tools and must adhere to all safety
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment, and machinery. -
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of
performance of the installation.
What we are looking for in YOU:
- Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and
Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the
construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course
- Preferred certifications, depending on location need:
CDL/Non-CDL, Crane, Signal, Rigging, or LDD
- Previous experience working at heights up to 200 ft. above
- Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus,
but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting
(up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing
(with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth
perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the
time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: -When applying for a job with
Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you
have a disability. Please take a moment to watch for clarification
on why we're asking for this information!
California Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the
ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may
include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. - By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. - Lamar will not sell this
#Reg52IDEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Westland , Billboard Installation Technician, Engineering , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!