Director of Operations II
Company: McLane - Foodservice
Posted on: October 16, 2020
Director, Operations II
14835 Pilot Dr. Plymouth, MI 48170
This position is responsible for providing leadership and guidance
for DC operational functions, including, but not limited to:
Transportation, Warehousing, facilities management, building
layout, racking and systems, inventory management, and quality
assurance. Must plan, organize, manage and support the projects and
activities required for the DC with the training, tools, facilities
and equipment necessary to support growth, QA compliance and
continuous improvement towards productivity and service levels.
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership in
the development of and implementation of overall business
practices, financial performance, operational compliance, customer
satisfaction, teammate development, and growth of the business
- Participate in the development of overall business planning and
supply chain planning strategies and develop explicit goals and
strategies closely linked to the overall business planning and
supply chain process.
- Maintain good and effective Teammate morale and
- Coordinate with Corporate Operations Support staff on
strategies to improve service levels and Key Performance Indicators
- Coordinate with the functions of procurement and inventory
management and maintain an effective liaison with corporate support
- Lead Transportation and Warehousing departments.
- Responsible for compliance of receiving and inventory
procedures; dotted line responsibility for inventory control
- Provide the necessary leadership to the location, determine the
human resources needs and provide the management necessary to
enhance performance through the effective utilization of
- Communicate the status of activities and results on an ongoing
basis. Ensure all affected location and functional interests are
represented and addressed.
- Apply existing or lead change in Business Practices and
- Develop/recommend alterations to procedures and best practices
- Lead business unit direction and development.
- Maintain industry expertise and continued involvement in
industry leadership organizations, staying focused on industry
expectations, trends and governmental regulations.
- Technology: Oversee all technology needs and improvements.
- Effectively administer, monitor, control and develop systems
and policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense
- Understand, articulate and execute all QA criterion set forth
in supply chain processes.
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Benefits
- Hiring Immediately
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- 5+ years experience in all facets of Foodservice Distribution
Industry. Preferably in QSR sector.
- Accounting, planning and analytical responsibilities a
- Preferred experience with AS 400 systems, JDE, EXCEL, Microsoft
Word, and Access programs; XATA, PeopleNet or similar
- Detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting
- Ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective
- Ability to use IT systems to generate and evaluate key
- Experience with multi-shift, 6-7 day operations.
- Management experience of large DC and driver workforces
- Sound human relations skills including the ability to listen,
influence, motivate and direct activities of staff.
- Maintain high visibility with major customers, co-ops, and
- Minimum 4-year degree in logistics, business, accounting, or a
Details are subject to change at any time. Please call for current
offers and information. Associated topics: administrative,
administrative officer, asso, associate, document, operation,
operational assistant, operational support, operations director,
Keywords: McLane - Foodservice, Westland , Director of Operations II, Executive , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!