Personal Training Manager
Company: Crunch Fitness Intl
Posted on: November 17, 2021
- The Personal Training Manager ensures that the club delivers a
high quality fitness experience to all members.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards
and leading by example. Ensure that team members consistently
execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance,
friendliness and cleanliness.
- Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal
- Responsible for the successful attainment of department
targets, including revenue and member retention.
- Is the point of reference for fitness expertise within the
Span of Control / Organizational Relationship / People Management:
- Job Scope: 1 club
- This position directly manages the following positions inside
- Assistant Head Coach (if club size warrants)
- Personal Trainers
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The FM is responsible for performing the following activities for
Staffing and Development [40% of time]
Maintain a fully engaged and high performing fitness team that
aligns with company values and goals. To achieve this objective,
the FM will:
- Hire develop and manage performance of qualified Personal
- Train & develop other staff as needed regarding fitness and
supplementation presentations, emphasizing the impact of these on
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to
review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance
toward achieving individual and company goals. Offer career growth
and advancement opportunities as warranted
- Manage the Personal Trainer schedule including staying within
budgeted non-session hours as submitted to and approved by the
- Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness
- Discipline staff under the guidance of your direct
Fitness Management [40% of time]
Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and
professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling,
training and programs within Crunch standards. The PT Manager is
responsible for the successful attainment of fitness and supplement
revenue goals. To achieve these objectives the PT Manager will:
- Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality
programs to their clients
- Develop weekly work schedules for fitness staff. Ensure that
staff properly records their Time & Labor
- Ensure that staff compile with Time and Labor guidelines, and
manage overtime in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide member service and support related to fitness servicing
- Assist members and encourage their involvement in fitness
- Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including
usage of dotFIT, measurement tracking, workout programs etc.
- Responsible for achieving monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue
objectives set forth by the Company with regards to personal
training services and Supplements
- Hire, Train and develop new Personal Trainers
- Regularly train staff on industry updates and teach Personal
Trainers to be continually successful to ensure that all clients
are trained professionally
Sales and Service [20% of time: club specific]
Participate and provide direct execution support in the fitness
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Crunch Certified Personal Training Program
including program software (dotFIT, ABC/Datatrak, Crunch-U, VFP,
Styku, Where applicable).
- Knowledge of Personal Training technique and program
- Must be able to adjust and operate all club equipment.
- Experience in coaching/motivating groups.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Able to generate, maintain & demonstrate a friendly,
enthusiastic & positive attitude.
- Possesses a strong member service focus.
- Responds professionally to requests and inquires from guests,
members and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Certifications: (One or more of the following certifications)
American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Certified Personal Trainer American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Personal Trainer Certification The Cooper Institute
- Personal Trainer Certification International Fitness
Professionals Association (IFPA)
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification National Academy of
Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) National Exercise and
Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
- Personal Fitness Trainer Certification National Federation of
Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- Personal Trainer Certification National Strength and
Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Certified Strength and Conditional Specialist (CSCS) Must
become Crunch-U certified within 2 weeks of hire
Must become dotFit certified within 30 days of hire
- 1-2 years as a Personal Trainer/Crunch Coach preferred
- Preferred: Prior management experience in retail/hospitality
industry leading 3-10 employees
- Preferred: Consultative sales experience
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and
rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with
employees, members, and the public
- Regularly required to demonstrate or explain proper physical
fitness activities, techniques and procedures. Regularly required
to lift up to 50 pounds
- Travel: Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 5% of
the time Compensation: $50,000-$100,000
Crunch Fitness is looking for energetic, enthusiastic people that
are passionate about health and fitness to join our team.
Looking to combine work, fitness and fun? Crunch Fitness is looking
for energetic, enthusiastic people that are passionate about health
and fitness to join our team.Working at Crunch is more than a job,
it's an opportunity to inspire others to reach their fitness goals.
Our 'No Judgments' philosophy attracts a diverse and welcoming
group of professionals and makes Crunch an amazing company to work
Crunchis a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by
fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No
Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art
cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service
locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage-- bed, and
an extensive schedule of Crunch's signature classes including
Zumba--, BodyWeb with TRX--, Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and
Thighs Bootcamp, and more.
Keywords: Crunch Fitness Intl, Westland , Personal Training Manager, Executive , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!