Company: Hegira Health, Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Hegira Health, Inc. (HHI) has long been a leader in behavioral
healthcare. Today, HHI is one of Michigan's largest freestanding
behavioral healthcare organizations, providing a variety of mental
health and substance abuse treatment services to individuals of all
ages. It is our goal to ensure the availability of quality,
individualized, and rapidly accessible integrated, behavioral, and
primary healthcare services. We are dedicated to meeting the
diverse needs of our community.The Medical Assistant primarily
assists our prescribers, facilitating an organized workflow,
obtaining vitals, health history and any pertinent communication
and information for optimal patient care.Full Time Monday through
Friday - 8:30am - 5:00pmPrimary Responsibilities:
- Schedules appointments, makes reminder calls and follows up for
no show appointments.
- Completes consumer vitals and documents timely in the EHR.
- Conducts on site/instant urine drug screens and documents
results in the record. Completes lab requisitions as required.
- Documents all contact, face to face or telephonic, in EHR.
- Verifies patient information when interacting with them.
- Acts as a facilitator between nurses, prescribers, other
members of the treatment team and customers ensuring all have
- Maintains medical and Nursing Station supplies and health
management equipment per policy, including conducting quality
- Assists in chart audits to make sure all tasks are
- Provides consumer education utilizing HHI resources and
protocols and instruction from nurse/prescriber, as
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
- High school education or GED
- One (1) year experience as an MA, CNA or related position
- Effective interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and oral,
written and computer skills to appropriately complete health record
- Experience with behavioral health and/or substance abuse
preferred.Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- medical assistant: 1 year (Required)License/Certification:
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Medical Assistant Training Completion/Certificate
- One locationWork Remotely:
- NoWork Location: One location
Keywords: Hegira Health, Inc., Westland , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!