Night Shift Area Leader
Company: Plastipak Holdings
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition DescriptionThe Area Leader is
responsible for the efficient performance of all phases of
materials storage, shipping and receiving operations. The Area
Leader is also responsible for directing the work of the Material
Handlers. They must be responsible to act in accordance with the
policies set forth in the current procedure
- Ability to adhere to the attendance and punctuality
- Supervision of the Material Handlers on their shift.
- Initiates disciplinary action and re-training for Material
Handlers that display actions of an unsafe manner or show repeated
failure to follow processes and procedures.
- Coordinates resources to adhere to raw materials planning
- Maintains and adheres to work instructions for verification of
incoming and outgoing shipments, handling/disposition of raw
materials and inventory accuracy.
- Provides for movement and storage of all materials.
- Establishes, maintains and utilizes modified FIFO inventory at
all site storage locations.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing sound storage
location planning, organization, and cleanliness.
- Responsible for transaction accuracy, product scanning,
materials inventory and process reliability.
- Transfer of materials from storage locations to production
supply area as necessary or directed.
- Documents all shipments both inbound and outbound.
- Initiates all Inbound and Storage Materials Complaints as well
as all SAP hold initiatives. Responsible for developing and
maintaining work instructions as per ISO standards.
- Assists in Dock Coordination for all materials.
- Participates in physical inventories as well as inventory
verification through cycle counting.
- Accountable for the maintaining a Lean Culture. Ensure all 6S
tasks and tools are being utilized and adhered to.
- Focuses on Continuous Improvement in safety, productivity,
quality, inventory accuracy, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures effective communications are flowing between
- Initiates and participates in Kaizen events.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times, monitors
team members for safe practices, and mentors best methods, ensuring
that all near misses and incidents are properly reported and
- Follows and enforces company and local work rules, safety
rules, GMP, policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Directs and monitors the workflow and daily work functions of
- Responsible for ensuring required and appropriate associate
training is occurring, mentoring and qualifying associates, and
using the Technical Training paths as guides. (train, mentor and
- Effectively and efficiently schedule and monitor team members'
breaks and lunch periods.
- Provides input to Team Leader on performance evaluations and on
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Reports any non-conformities, production, machine or quality
issues, or concerns on process to the department Team Leader.
- Performs duties and tasks as assigned to ensure efficient,
balanced, and effective use of all resources.
- Initiates action for food safety issues.
- All other miscellaneous related duties and functions as may be
assigned by leadership.Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and
interpersonal skills (as demonstrated during the hiring
- Strong Leadership skills (as demonstrated during the hiring
process or internal experiences)
- Proficient in computer programs
- Must be out of orientation period and in good company standing
(if internal applicant).
- Must have a more than acceptable performance evaluation score
(if internal candidate)
- Internal training requirements for current position (if
internal candidate) must be completed and up-to-date
- Able to multitask in a faced-paced environment
- High level of personal integrity
- Possess strong safety focus
- Technically oriented and knowledgeable in manufacturing
- Strong Decision making skills with limited information
- Strong Customer Focus
- Independent thinker and effective troubleshooter
- Meets all Material Handler Requirements
- Prior experience in warehousing operations and forklift
- Ability to demonstrate SAP knowledge and transaction
- Must be able to lead Kaizen events in the facility
- Initiate and document process improvements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Four year degree in relevant major and/or 3-5 years of relevant
warehousing experience (preferably in manufacturing
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel,
reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to push or pull bins and carts, stand,
walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds,
frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally
lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. Plastipak is an Equal
Opportunity Employer In order to process your job application,
Plastipak collects and stores the personal information that you
submit via this website. Please refer to Plastipak's to understand
how Plastipak uses and protects the information that you
Keywords: Plastipak Holdings, Westland , Night Shift Area Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!