Retail Associate (Westland)
Posted on: June 22, 2022
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you
work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community
opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and
development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career
and your community!Meijer Rewards
- Weekly pay
- Scheduling flexibility
- Paid parental leave -
- Paid education assistance
- Care.com/back-up care assistance
- Team member discount
- Development programs for advancement and career growth -Please
review the job profile below and apply today! This position will be
responsible for delivering remarkable customer service by providing
customers with exceptional product knowledge, efficient service and
a friendly attitude. This entry level team member position will be
exposed to a variety of retail tasks related to product, customer
service and merchandising.MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDERAll Level
of Experience Welcomed... WILL TRAIN.Join a community. Build a
career. We are searching for a new member of the Meijer family! As
we grow, we're seeking an entry-level team member to join us as a
General Merchandise Clerk who is able to complete a variety of
retail tasks related to product, customer service, pricing,
inventory, and merchandising. You will also collaborate with other
team members and managers on additional tasks as needed. Are you a
people person? Do you want to have a positive impact on your
community? If so, we hope you will join us! What will you be doing?
- You will build rapport with customers.
- Display a friendly and outgoing attitude through good eye
contact and body language.
- Help customers with any questions they may have. If you aren't
able to answer their question, you will direct them to another team
member who can.
- Stock product and maintain displays according to merchandising
- Utilize technology to complete activities and tasks.
- This position is applicable to the following departments: Gas
Station, Fashion/Softlines, Outdoor, Seasonal and Floral. What
skills will you use?
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong listening and communications skills, face-to-face and
- Willingness to learn or existing familiarity with job-specific
- Problem-solving competence and eagerness to troubleshoot when
- You are process-driven and able to follow procedures in an
organized and efficient way.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, bend, and twist while
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Desire to work with customers on a consistent basis. Meijer
starts with me. It's not just a brand name, it's a family name.
Founded by Hendrik and Gezina Meijer and their children in 1934,
Meijer treats our Team Members like they're a part of our family.
We want to see them happy, growing, and successful. That's why our
Team Members say, "Meijer starts with me." Sound like the place for
you? Join us. Who are we a good fit for? We love working with
talented people but more than that, we look for team members who
thrive in a collaborative environment and want to help us build on
our family culture. Meijer is a great place for you if you want a
job that's more than a paycheck and a career that plays an
important role in your community. ..
Keywords: Meijer, Westland , Retail Associate (Westland), Hospitality & Tourism , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!