Human Resources Representative
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Are you looking for a challenging career? Do you have a passion
to impact the lives of those you support? Then consider joining the
Meijer family as our Human Resources Representative for our
Westland, MI Store Location!The Store HR Representative provides HR
support and assistance to store leadership through coaching and
guidance on HR related matters including; staffing, workforce
planning, training & development, retention, onboarding, employee
relations, compensation, EEO, safety, HR policy, etc. The Store HR
Representative partners closely with store leadership and the
regional HR team to champion the HR goals and strategies for the
store.THIS POSITION IS EQUAL TO A LOWER LEVEL HR GENERALIST I/II or
SR. HR GENERALIST. THIS POSITION IS ONSITE ONLY AND IS NOT A
MANAGEMENT POSITIONOur ideal candidate will possess the preferred
experience:2 Years experience working as an HR Generalist, Sr. HR
Generalist, HR Manager or equivalent Experience2 Years experience
in Employee Relations and Investigations2 Years of Experience with
HRIS and Applicant Tracking SystemsThe Store HR Representative
partners closely with store leadership and the regional HR team to
champion the HR goals and strategies by performing the following
duties:A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We
provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive
work-life balance:- 3 Weeks of Paid Days Off (effective on hire
date)- Weekly Pay- Medical/Dental/Vision/401K (effective on hire
date)- Education Reimbursement (up to $5,250 per year towards a
degree or SHRM Certification)- Career Growth- Paid Parental Leave-
10% Team Member Discount- ....and Much MoreWhat You'll be
- Oversee effective orientation, onboarding & training to drive
engagement and retention.
- Champions engagement through mTeam, mCulture, mPerformance &
other HR key initiatives.
- Ensures and facilitates effective communication to all team
members in the store. Engages leadership to communicate and follow
up with team members.
- Assist in the reporting, analysis, execution and follow up
pertaining to talent management, talent development, talent
acquisition, and total rewards processes and programs.
- Provides guidance to store leadership on career development
resources for their team members, run reports and track progress of
Individual development plans, talent profiles, development goals,
training completion, and overall development efforts.
- Through the guidance of the HR Market Manager, provides
consultation, direction, and recommendations to leadership
regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution
procedures, corrective and disciplinary actions, terminations and
EEO matters affecting employment.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of employee
complaints or policy violations.
- Provides business partner support regarding company policies
and procedures covering the areas of employee relations,
compensation and payroll, benefits administration, talent
development, talent management, and disability management
- Support HR Market Managers with projects as needed.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the
responsibilities of this position; may perform other administrative
duties as assigned or required.
- Assist with the staffing, interview and selection process of
leadership and non-leadership roles within the store and manage the
applicant tracking system and applications for positions within the
store.What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- PREFERRED: 2 years experience working as an HR Generalist, Sr.
HR Generalist, HR Manager or Equivalent Experience
- PREFERRED: 2 years experience in Employee Relations and
- PREFERRED: 2 years experience with HRIS and Applicant Tracking
- High School or equivalency required. Associate Degree or above
in Human Resources preferred.
- Ability to present thought leadership, demonstrate leadership
presence, and be approachable
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as
the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety
of forums including formal presentations, working meetings,
business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to
design effective meetings and small group interactions including
one to one discussions and conflict mediations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to
build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization (up,
down and sideways)
- High Energy and adaptable
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Tenacity, emotional consistency, and courage to manage/address
- Schedule flexibility when business needs exist
- Demonstrate confidentiality and ability to instill trust
Keywords: Meijer, Westland , Human Resources Representative, Human Resources , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!