Information Technology Technical Support
Posted on: January 12, 2022
This position will work with computer servers, Windows operating
systems, SQL databases, NAS and SAN storage systems, VMWare
virtualized servers, Microsoft Office products including Exchange
e-mail servers, etc. The position requires a strong ability to
troubleshoot system problems and develop a root-cause driven
resolution. Strong and professional level written and verbal
communication skills are used on a daily basis with direct
interactions with the Department's clientele base, key decision
makers, and staff. The position requires normal office support
duties, including filing of paperwork, preparation of technical
documentation, and asset management. This Example of Work is not
all inclusive and additional duties and tasks will be assigned as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work across a
broad spectrum of personality types and roles.
- Ability to effectively contribute and thrive in a team oriented
- Ability to identify complex problems, research and identify
options, and implement system solutions at the root cause.
- Strong documentation writing skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership of the
environment they work in.
- Very detail oriented.
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software,
applications, networking components, and Information Technology
- Strong ability to manage time effectively with fluid priority
adjustments and to assist others in their time management as it
relates to tasks and projects.
- Ability to think critically and logically.
- Strong desire to grow and develop new skill sets and
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- U.S. citizen or resident alien with the right to work in the
- Have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving
- Be able to pass a LIEN background check.
- Possess an Associate's degree in an Information
Technology-related field. (can be waived based on certifications
- Have at least 2 years' full time paid work experience in
computer technology; specifically, hardware, network and software
- Have a CompTIA A+ certificate. (can be waived based on
- Have over 4 years' progressive experience in an Information
Technology work environment.
- Possess CompTIA Network+ certificate.
- Possess an Associate's degree in Computer networking or higher
- Municipal government IT experience.
- Have at least 2 years' experience as a network administrator
with increasing levels of responsibility.
Keywords: Brightwing, Westland , Information Technology Technical Support, IT / Software / Systems , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!