Instructor - EFO
Company: DTE Energy
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest
Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an
aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America
and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have
businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated
utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides
electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our
non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy
related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to
renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for
significant growth. We look forward to working with highly
motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of
growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place
to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years
- Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Provides consultation and technical training for Enterprise
Electrical Field Operations personnel utilizing the Systematic
Approach to Training (SAT). Assists in the development of training
materials for instructors/facilitators to ensure Distribution
Operations Business Unit success. Facilitates and delivers
performance-based training. Span of Control: Individual contributor
- Develops and delivers curriculum for field meter operations to
ensure business unit success.
- Trains field employees to support electrical transmission and
distribution systems to meet business unit goals while exceeding
- Assists to develop and deliver curriculum to improve
troubleshooting of residential and commercial electrical outages to
reduce outage times and ensure customer service excellence as the
first contact with customers.
- Ensures technical training program(s) comply with federal and
state regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates and delivers performance-based training. Provides
trainees with the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to
effectively perform their jobs.
- Partners with line personnel/departmental users to ensure
training initiatives and priorities are aligned to support
organizational performance needs.
- Keeps abreast of new training requirements to address future
performance gaps within business units.
- Champions the use of all phases of the systematic approach to
- Assists in the assessment, development, design and evaluation
of training materials associated with the client's training program
and performs additional training interventions as needed.
- Utilizes motivational strategies in the design, development and
delivery of instruction.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or GED and 5 years of electric field
- Must possess appropriate license(s) and certification(s) (Note:
In some cases Technical Training will allow employee to obtain
license (s) and/or certifications within 6 months. This will be
determined on a case by case basis at the discretion of
- Electrical metering experience in field operations and/or
electrical utility/industry background
- Experience in troubleshooting residential and commercial
- BA or BS in education or technical field
- Experience utilizing the SAT process/or comprehensive knowledge
surrounding the process
- Teaching experience
- Completed Training/Certification in the fundamentals of basic
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet Enterprise driving
- Ability to facilitate discussions, make presentations and
communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills to facilitate effective training
- Must have thorough knowledge of company policies, procedures,
SWIs, and/or applicable governmental compliance regulations.
- Ability to use computer applications (i.e Word, Excel,
- Ability to deal with sensitive/confidential information.
- Ability to solve problems/issues that arise or know where to
- Must be able to travel throughout Enterprise territory as
- Must be able to successfully complete instructor delivery
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the
activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the
competencies cited in this description depending upon the
organization and role to which they are assigned. This description
is intended to describe the general nature and level of work
performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an
all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is
it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management
representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees
under their supervision.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
Keywords: DTE Energy, Westland , Instructor - EFO, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!