Lab Customer Svc Rep II
Company: Beaumont Hospitals
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Lab Customer Service Rep II will provide high quality
service to internal and external laboratory customers in a
high-stress environment. The CSR II is responsible for answering
and triaging calls, gathering information, and documenting into a
call tracking system utilizing numerous computer systems
simultaneously to investigate and resolve complex laboratory issues
between internal and external customers; facilitating unusual test
requests; ensuring thorough follow-up and communication between all
appropriate laboratory entities and customers; providing training
and support to new employees, communicating laboratory requirements
and policies to external customers along with reporting critical,
stat and routine test results; communicating customer changes,
requests, and variances to internal customers. Perform laboratory
registration process per corporate registration guidelines.
- Answer incoming calls, gathering and documenting appropriate
- Communicate customer needs to the appropriate lab department or
team for resolution and action.
- Obtain and convey appropriate information from/to customers,
documenting in call tracking system to resolve laboratory testing
issues. and register patients via OneContact by collecting and
documenting demographic and financial information. Appropriately
activate, convert and discharge visits on one contact. Register
appropriately following the Corporate Registration Process.
- Work with sales/marketing team, Courier dept., Phlebotomy
dept., and Lab to resolve issues.
- Provide information to customers regarding patient test results
and status of test results.
- Call critical and stat laboratory results and document
communication in appropriate system.
- Investigation and resolution of laboratory issues, properly
documenting in Laboratory LIS system.
- Answer client questions regarding special test
requirements/arrangements, scope of services offered, concerns
related to test orders and results.
- Relay information and requests to customers in the form of
patient reports, requisitions and faxes.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Work Experience:
- Microsoft/Windows experience
Keywords: Beaumont Hospitals, Westland , Lab Customer Svc Rep II, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!