Inventory Specialist, Sterling Heights
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting cycle
counts, overseeing office or distribution center (DC) inventories,
handling product exchanges, processing merchandise returns,
receiving and ordering product, reviewing various inventory
reports, and managing stock levels while adhering to the
established budget. Reports to General Manager if operating out of
a Super Vision Center (SVC) for all regular duties and the Manager
of the DC for all inventory issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives frames by verifying barcodes against manufacturer
supplied frame information and reconciling product received with
invoice supplied by the distribution center. Places product in
appropriate sections on the sales floor and keeps all collections
kitted and cleaned.
- Maintains merchandised store showcases to the standards
outlined in the Visual Merchandising Guidelines set by the
Purchasing Department and obtains authorization from the Purchasing
Department for any plans to deviate from their store's set floor
plan. Handles product exchanges received from the distribution
center by preparing selected merchandise on a supplied RA to be
sent back to various vendors. Performs the transfer of product in
Acuity Logic and will receive new product into Acuity Logic.
- Appropriately merchandises product on the sales floor and keeps
staff updated of product selection changes. Performs monthly manual
cycle counts of all frame collections. Researches all variances
using Acuity Logic to determine the cause of the variance.
- Makes manual adjustments to the inventory counts and inputs
notes detailing the reason for the adjustment. Oversees quarterly
inventory of frames, accessories, and contact lenses by assisting
the staff with questions and reviewing items scanned for
- Has an overall variance of less than 2% and researches the
cause of all variances. Makes any necessary adjustments in Acuity
Logic and supplies detailed notes for the adjustment. Compiles a
digital version of all variance explanations and sends the results
to the appropriate staff for education and coaching.
- Reviews all cycle counts and inventories to maintain complete
frame collections. Manually orders any frames missing from their
collection not found on the pending order report. Completes theft
reports and notifies the Loss Prevention Manager and other
- Tracks employee errors that result in an inventory variance and
presents detailed information to the appropriate supervisor for
review with staff. Processes defective frame returns by listing a
detailed explanation of the defect, verifying on hand quantities in
Acuity Logic, and transferring the product to the distribution
center. Identifies frames styles with consistent defect issues and
reports them to the appropriate staff.
- Processes frames returned by patients for refunds and reselects
by verifying on hand quantities in Acuity Logic and performing the
transfer of the product to the DC. Monitors Acuity Logic remake
report to identify frames that should be returned for credit.
Reviews weekly remake report and notifies supervisors of remake
patterns to help identify areas that require additional employee
training. Maintains par levels on accessory stock.
- Re-orders items as necessary. Assist staff with questions
regarding the process of inputting eyeglass orders, to minimize the
effects of orders, returns, and remakes on inventory. Works with
optical labs (both HFO and third party) to correct issues involving
frame and order input errors.
- Work closely with office staff to prepare and ship daily
replenishment of frame and accessory product Work closely with
outside vendors to prepare purchase orders for product and
investigate back order items Prepare and distribute back order
report to offices Coordinate company-wide product exchanges,
returns and review of defective product
- Maintain inventory of all mission frames Work with HFO Finance
team to investigate and correct vendor pricing discrepancies
Administer and provide oversight for company-wide HFO Employee
Vision Benefit program.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Must have the ability to follow and/or interpret oral and
written directions, and demonstrate ability to communicate
effectively and project a positive image.
- Requires basic computer knowledge and experience.
- Must have the ability to complete tasks that require analytical
- A minimum of one year experience in shipping and receiving
merchandise and inventory procedures preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience utilizing the Acuity Logic
software system or other inventory or shipping/receiving software
- A minimum of one year of optical experience with a strong
emphasis in optical product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience inputting eyeglass orders using Acuity Logic is
- Works in a normal office environment.
- Requires travel to related system wide facilities with
locations throughout South East Michigan.
- On occasion, site visits are conducted in clinical
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Westland , Inventory Specialist, Sterling Heights, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!