Float MDS Coordinator
Company: Villa Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Villa Healthcare is currently interviewing for a Float MDS
Coordinator, RN.POSITION SUMMARY:Floating RN MDS/Care Plan
Coordinators will oversee all divisional facilities. Prescribes and
adheres to the Villa Way of Kindness in all personal and
professional interactions while on duty in and around the facility.
Mds/Care Plan Coordinator RN demonstrates great customer service by
mentoring Villa's three core principles of Exceptional Care,
Passionate Services and Unexpected Luxury in all of his\her job
duties and responsibilities.Strictly follows policy and safeguards
computer passwords and computer use authorities. Understands the
importance of logging on and off the computer clinical record
system and will consistently maintain all computer protocols
.Learned ProfessionalsPerform work requiring advanced knowledge in
a field of science or learning customarily acquired by a prolonged
course of specialized intellectual instructionExercise of
discretion and judgmentAre compensated on a salary basis at a rate
at least $455 per weekREPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:Divisional
- Core Duties
- Coordinate in conjunction with the Care Plan Coordinator the
completion of each resident's MDS in compliance with all State and
- Calculate triggers and develop resident assessment protocols
for initiation of care plan.
- Ensure that MDS's are completed in a timely manner and
accurately identify each resident's level of functioning in
accordance with RAI manual guidelines.
- Ensure that each MDS accurately identifies the lowest level of
functioning allowable to maximize reimbursement opportunities as
allowable by Federal and State law.
- Ensure that C.N.A.'s, nurses and other IDT disciplines have
accurately completed required clinical record documentation in
order to correctly complete MDS scoring. Ensure that this record
completion is performed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and/or assist with weekly interdisciplinary care
conferences and Medicare meetings.
- Make all necessary referrals to nursing and therapy departments
to ensure appropriate implementation of nursing and rehab
- Maintain MDS and supporting clinical record documentation
according to State & Federal requirements and in conjunction with
- Participates in the coordination of resident services through
departmental and appropriate staff committee meetings (Quarterly
Quality Assurance and Assessment Pharmacy, Infection Control, and
Resident Care Policy and Procedure meetings).
- Review and assess all resident information (including hospital
records) to accurately complete MDS scoring.
- Ensures that all nursing staff (C.N.A. and Licensed nurses) is
aware/trained of their responsibilities for clinical record
documentation as it pertains to timely scoring of the MDS. Monitors
this staff's compliance with this requirement and provides
additional training, education and/or disciplinary actions as
- Ensures Medicare claims relating to MDS pending and therapy
pending errors are corrected.
- Generates MDS Audit Reports as requested by Regional staff.
- Verifies Medicaid billing is accurate according to
- Verifies and maintains accurate billing for HMO and VA
residents per guidelines. Compiles monthly and quarterly
Medicare/Medicaid default reports.
- Ensure s MDS submission and report processing (Casper Reports,
Validation Reports, etc.) are prepared and distributed.
- Identifies MDS/Census and Accounts Receivable errors for
correction as it pertains to facility billing information.
- Provides secondary training on (clinical software) and Care
- Ensure that all elements of the facility's Abuse & Neglect
policies are maintained and enforced.
- Strictly follows policy and safeguards computer passwords and
computer use authorities. Understands the importance of logging on
and off the computer clinical record system and will consistently
maintain all computer protocols.
- Knows and follows facility rules.
- *Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs
- Follows facility-smoking policies.
- Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents,
staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
- Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents,
as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
- Uses required protective equipment.
- Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures
- Resident Rights
- Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents exercise and/or
protect their rights.
- Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
- Follows and adheres to Villa's policies and procedures
implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of
protected health information.
- Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health
Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if
position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
- Reports all suspected violation of company's HIPAA policies or
procedures to Facility Privacy DesigneeOther Duties:This job
description is not intended to be all inclusive, and the employee
will perform other related duties as assigned. This organization
reserves the right to revise the essential position functions as
the need arises.
- Serves on facility Quality Improvement Team as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessity
dictates.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education: Possesses a current RN
license to practice in the State as an RN.Experience: Working
knowledge of the MDS assessment cycle and assessment information
necessary for billing Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, and VA.Physical
Demands:Primary activities involve walking and talking. Involves
sitting and standing.Travel: Up to 50%Working conditions :
Primarily inside with well- lighted and well ventilated
areas.Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:Strong computer related
skills. Experience using computer systems and software including
proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and an email system. Strong
oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and
project management skills. Ability to work with all levels of
employees. Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Demonstrable ability to be a productive member of project
team.ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Exposed to a normal
office environment. Position requires travel. May be exposed to
road and weather hazards. May be exposed to blood and body fluids
therefore protective equipment must be worn as necessary.This
description has been prepared to assist in evaluating various
classes of responsibilities, skills, and working conditions. It
indicates the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required
of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a
complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it
intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign,
direct, and control the work of employees under supervision.
Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be construed to
create or constitute a contract of employment between any employee
or group of employees and the Company. The Company retains and
reserves any and all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or
delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its
judgment, to be proper.What Villa can offer you:
- Strong wages
- Villa Perks through Perkspot that include deals on travel,
electronics, food, automobiles, clothing, memberships, and
- Loans through Kashable
- Employees helping employees through our Villa Foundation
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- College Tuition Rewards - Earn free college tuition money for
future college students through our Guardian plan up to
- Paid time off - vacation, sick and holidays
- Ongoing career development and free training through
- Ongoing and unlimited bonuses for employee referralsIf you are
ready to be a part of something different and life changing, please
send a resume as soon as possible and let's begin!We are looking
forward to hearing from you!EOEWe are an equal opportunity employer
and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.Villa3
Keywords: Villa Healthcare, Westland , Float MDS Coordinator, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!