Intern- Group Leader
Company: Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Scope:Responsible for the implementation of varied activities
including educational, life skills, cultural and recreational
services for at-risk youth enrolled in a before and after-school
and/or summer program.
- Implement a program curriculum designed to meet program
objectives as outlined in the program's concept proposal. This
includes but is not limited to academic education, life skills
education, and cultural/recreational activities to provide program
youth an opportunity for learning and personal growth in a
structured and positive environment during the hours after-school
and/or during the summer months. Hispanic language proficiency a
- Work with other agency staff to identify particular needs in
the areas of education, life skills education and personal
development that should be addressed outside the program.
Participate in meetings with parents and school officials to
discuss such needs as necessary.
- Evaluate youth progress in predetermined measurable terms at
program intervals as directed.
- Assist in the recruitment of appropriate children for
enrollment in the program. This may include the design of flyers
and brochures, airing of public service announcements, and making
of presentations in the community.
- Participate in meetings with youth, program staff, and agency
administrators related to program design, program implementation,
and program evaluation in the interest of insuring the program is
meetings its goals and objectives. Work cooperatively with all to
create unity and to maintain open lines of communication.
- Maintain all records in a manner consistent with Wayne Metro
policies and procedures. Compile data from such records in the
preparation of reports as requested.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards assigned work, clients,
and staff, and a willingness to work with others.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Work EnvironmentThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand; walk, sit, see, talk and hear, and
use hands to manipulate. The employee is occasionally required to
reach with hands and arms, climb steps, stoop, bend, kneel, or
crouch. The employee is required to supervise students requiring
the employee to match walking speed that matches the student and
may at times require the ability to run to safeguard students. The
employee must occasionally lift (up to 50 pounds), carry, and move
students. Employee must occasionally move equipment and/or
supplies. The job is performed for the most part in a school
setting with occasional outside weather conditions. The noise level
is that of a typical school setting.
- High School Diploma and experience in youth
education/programming or a combination of education and experience
which is similarly appropriate.
- Minimum of two years of experience in youth
- Ability to implement program plans appropriate for meeting the
educational and personal development needs of at-risk youth.
- Ability to implement evaluation tools to accurately measure the
results achieved by youth participation in the program.
- Ability to interact with parents, teachers, and other
professionals to identify, and provide for the needs of youth with
regards to social services, recreational/cultural activities, and
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Working knowledge of basic internet applications and programs
including Google technology and Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
The ability to learn and utilize the necessary programs for this
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written
- Good interpersonal and professional skills including but not
limited to professional appearance, tact, punctuality, and
- Ability to provide services for those persons facing economic,
social, health, age, and educational barriers.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment (as
- Perform work in a manner that upholds Wayne Metro policies and
Licensing and Other Requirements:
- Valid identification and reliable transportation.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, or partially, with the ability to
complete within 30-days of employment. Circumstances preventing
vaccination, and corresponding accommodations will be reviewed and
- Ability to travel to various sites as needed.
Work Hours: Work to be scheduled Monday through Thursday with
specific hours to be determined by program needs.
Other DutiesPlease note that this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency, Westland , Intern- Group Leader, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!