Parts Counter Associate
Company: Trailer Equipment Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
We are seeking a parts counter associate. The parts counter
employee is responsible for assisting the shop technicians, field
service technicians and customers in finding the appropriate parts
to repair their vehicles while providing exceptional customer
service through knowledgeable, friendly, professional interactions.
This parts employee will also be responsible for invoicing parts on
work orders and customer orders. Primary Duties:
- Assists all customers in selecting required parts in a
friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that
need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an
emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service manager ordered parts have been
- Replenishes assigned inventory.
- Makes sure all internal requests for parts are billed on
service repair order.
- Keeps orderly records of all special order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers.
- Participates in all training programs that are made
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Inspect shipments at loading and unloading for damage and
- Pull parts returns and fill out appropriate paper work.
- Assist in physical inventory.
- Secure building/department at close daily.
- Count all UPS/FedEx verify counts and sign for them daily.
- Creates parts price estimates for shop quotes.
- Orders parts for jobs that have been approved.
- Provides ETA's for shop parts that are ordered. Qualifications:
- Sales, customer service or other customer-facing
- Great communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Automotive knowledge
- Team player
- Mechanically inclined
- Computer competency
- Desire to learn Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Required)Experience:
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Inventory Control: 1 year (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)PM22
Keywords: Trailer Equipment Inc, Westland , Parts Counter Associate, Other , Westland, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!